Fill soft rolls with meatballs and a spicy almond sauce.
The ingredient of Lamb and romesco bocadillos
- 500g lamb mince
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated manchego or pecorino
- 35g (1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 Buffet Rolls, split
- Picked watercress sprigs, to serve
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 3 roma tomatoes, halved
- 3 slices day-old bread, crusts removed, torn
- 50g (1/3 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
The instruction how to make Lamb and romesco bocadillos
- Combine the mince, manchego or pecorino, breadcrumbs, egg and oregano in a bowl. Season.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on the lined tray. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Meanwhile, to make romesco, preheat oven to 220C. Roast capsicum and tomato on a baking tray for 30 minutes or until slightly charred and blistered. Transfer to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool. Peel and discard skins. Process capsicum, tomato, bread, almonds, garlic, vinegar, sherry and paprika in a food processor until a smooth paste forms. With the motor running, gradually add olive oil until the mixture is thick. Season. Transfer to a bowl. Place in fridge for 2 hours to develop the flavours.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning, for 8 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Spread roll bases with romesco. Top with meatballs and watercress. Top with remaining roll. Use skewers to secure.
Nutritions of Lamb and romesco bocadilloscalories: 374.752 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 41 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 16 grams protein
calories: 35 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 473.82 milligrams sodium