Sample the fresh flavours of the Middle East with smoky eggplant and zingy pomegranate.
The ingredient of Grilled beef scotch fillet with smoky eggplant and pomegranate salad
- 4 scotch fillet steaks, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon caramelised balsamic vinegar
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
The instruction how to make Grilled beef scotch fillet with smoky eggplant and pomegranate salad
- Brush steak with oil and bring to room temperature.
- Cut a few slits in the eggplant and place directly over a gas flame using tongs (see tip if you dont have a gas flame). Cook for 10 minutes, rotating every few minutes as the skin chars and the eggplant softens. Remove to a tray and slice in half lengthways. Scoop flesh into a sieve set over a bowl and allow to drain for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a barbecue of grill to very hot, season steak with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes per side for medium, then allow to rest.
- Finely chop the drained eggplant until it becomes slightly mushy and then place in a bowl with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice, stirringr until combined. Gently fold through tomato, cucumber, parsley and half the pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with remaining pomegranate seeds on top.
Nutritions of Grilled beef scotch fillet with smoky eggplant and pomegranate saladcalories: