For the perfect ladies lunch, serve a platter of these tasty roast beef and caramelised onion on rye.
The ingredient of Roast beef on rye
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices rye bread
- 150g vintage cheese, grated
- 200g shaved roast beef
- 50g spinach leaves
The instruction how to make Roast beef on rye
- Heat oil in a frying pan over low heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until tender. Add sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion caramelises.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Grill bread for 2 minutes each side or until browned. Top toast with cheese. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with roast beef, spinach and caramelised onion. Serve.
Nutritions of Roast beef on ryecalories: 492.101 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 45 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 28 grams protein
calories: 1222.91 milligrams sodium