This easy macaroni cheese and chicken parmigiana mash-up is impossible to resist.
The ingredient of Mac n cheese parmi tray bake
- 2 (about 600g) chicken breast fillets
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 eggs
- 140g (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 185ml (3/4 cup) napoletana pasta sauce
- 55g (1/2 cup) grated perfect pizza cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- 200g dried macaroni pasta
- 40g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) perfect pizza cheese
The instruction how to make Mac n cheese parmi tray bake
- Place the chicken on a chopping board. Put the palm of your hand on the top of the breast and use a long, sharp knife to carefully slice in half, horizontally. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast to make 4 fillets.
- Place the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and use a meat tenderiser or rolling pin to gently pound the chicken until itu2019s 1cm thick.
- Combine the flour and oregano on a plate and season. Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Place the breadcrumbs on a separate plate. Toss the chicken in the flour to coat, shaking to remove excess. Dip in the egg, then press into the breadcrumbs. Transfer the crumbed chicken to a large plate. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until required.
- Meanwhile, to make the mac and cheese, cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until almost cooked through. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan on medium-high heat until foaming. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Gradually stir in the milk and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and stir through the cheese until it has melted. Add the macaroni to the cheese sauce and stir well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Lightly grease a 3L (12 cup) 5cm-deep, 20 x 30cm baking dish. Transfer the macaroni mixture to the prepared dish and set aside.
- Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to come about 1cm up the side. Heat over medium-high heat. Add two chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Lay the cooked chicken over the macaroni. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Spoon over the pasta sauce. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutritions of Mac n cheese parmi tray bakecalories: